How to Add an Index from Words or Phrases in Ms Word XP
- Select the text to be used as an index entry. To use other words as an index entry, click where the index should be inserted.
- Press ALT+SHIFT+X on the keyboard.
- To create the main index entry, enter or modify the text in the Main Entry field.
- Under Page Number Format, click Bold or Italic to select a format for the page numbers that will appear in the index.
- To mark the index entry, click Mark. To mark all occurrences of the text in the document, click Mark All.