The Recovered File Cannot Be Opened Or Saved In MS Word XP
Note: MS Word XP and other Microsoft Office programs automatically open recovered files when the program is restarted after a power failure or a similar problem. If the recovered file did not open automatically, it can be done manually.
- Click File menu and select Open option.
- Find in the folder where the recovered files are stored. Tip: For MS Windows 2000 operating systems, the location is usually C:\documents and settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\[program name]. For Windows 98 operating systems, the location is usually C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\[program name].
- Click the down arrow of Files of type field to show list and then choose All Files options. Note: Each recovered file is named AutoRecover Save of [file name] and has the program file name extension.
- Select the name of the file to be recovered and then click Open button.
- Click File menu and select Save option.
- Type the name of the existing file in the File name field.
- Then, click Yes option if a prompt appears asking if the existing file should be replaced.