Receiving Error Message: The Project Item Cannot Be Copied When Using MS Word XP
- Exit all instances of MS Word XP. If Word is used as the email editor, close Microsoft Outlook as well.
- Go to Windows desktop, double-click My Computer and then find the Office Startup folder. The default location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup.
- Make a new folder and drag each item from the Startup folder to this folder.
- Look for the Word Startup folder. On MS Windows 2000 and MS Windows XP, the Word Startup folder is C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup.
- Drag each item from the Word Startup folder to the new folder.
- Open MS Word XP. If the error message no longer appears, an item in one of the Startup folders is causing the problem. Manually add each item back to its original folder and see which one is causing the error message.