Here’s How You Can Uninstall the AOL Toolbar from Firefox and Internet Explorer
The AOL Toolbar is created by America Online, or AOL, and can be included in web browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer. Toolbars are intended to include functions that are very user-friendly such as automatic form fill on sites and saving bookmarks.
Given that, you may then be wondering why then would you want to uninstall the AOL toolbar?
The AOL toolbar is packaged with some versions of the AOL Instant Messenger (usually versions 6.1 and 9.0). Many users do not de-select the box which installs the AOL toolbar during the AIM installation process, and as such may want to remove the said toolbar later because it is not wanted and just clutters the browser window.
Another reason why you may want to remove the AOL toolbar is because it’s considered by many to be a form of malicious software (malware). As such, the AOL toolbar may slow down your system, cause problems and errors to occur, take up a lot of space on your PC, and even block some legitimate programs from starting.
How to Uninstall the AOL Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open your web browser.
- Find the Settings button, which should be on the right side of the AOL toolbar.
- Click Help and then click Uninstall Toolbar.
- Restart your web browser so that the changes take effect.
How to Uninstall the AOL Toolbar from Firefox
- Open Firefox and then choose the Settings option that is to the right side of the AOL toolbar.
- Choose Uninstall toolbar.
- Click OK on the window that pops up to confirm the uninstall. Restart Firefox for the change to take effect.
How to Uninstall the AOL Toolbar Using Windows’ Add/Remove feature
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs. A list will appear called Currently installed programs.
- Find and select AOL Toolbar and then choose Change/Remove. Instructions will appear to walk you through the remainder of the uninstall process.
How to Uninstall the AOL Toolbar Using Perfect Uninstaller
- Download Perfect Uninstaller and install it.
- Open Perfect Uninstaller; it will present a list of applications installed on your PC.
- Locate and select the AOL toolbar and then click Uninstall. Perfect Uninstaller will completely remove the AOL toolbar and all its related components scattered throughout your PC (including entries in the Windows registry).
Note: You will need to buy a license for this program before it can be used completely.
14 Comments to “Here’s How You Can Uninstall the AOL Toolbar from Firefox and Internet Explorer”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.