Internet Explorer 7 has been released by Microsoft as an upgrade to IE6 whether we want it or not. True, there are some decent features in the IE7 browser including tabbed browsing, improved printing, phishing filter, and a revised interface but a lot of people still prefer IE6 for whatever reason they may have.
And here lies the problem… instead of offering Internet Explorer 7 as an optional download, Microsoft has pushed it as a Windows update. So if your system is set up to install Windows updates automatically, then you might find that Internet Explorer 7 has been installed on your system. If you are not interested in having the updated browser you will need to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 yourself.
Some of the reasons why you may want to ditch IE7…
- You might be happy with the browser you are using and do not want to change.
- You may have found that the newer version of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer is not as easy to work with and don’t have the time to fiddle with the new features.
- You may have found that the IE7 has conflicts with specific third party applications you use on your PC, which can cause your system to freeze up or lock up. (Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security are two programs that have shown to be incompatible with Internet Explorer 7.)
For these reasons and many more, you may want to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.
How to Remove Internet Explorer 7
Follow these simple steps below to uninstall Internet Explorer 7.
• Close Internet Explorer 7.
• Click Start.
• Click Control Panel.
• Double Click Add/Remove Programs.
• Locate Internet Explorer 7.
• Click Remove.
Your browser will be restored to the previous version once you have uninstalled Internet Explorer 7. If Internet Explorer is not shown in the Add/Remove programs list, select show updates at the top of the window.
How to Prevent Automatic Updates from Installing Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)
To stop Windows from automatically updating your browser and installing Internet Explorer 7, follow these simple steps.
• Open Internet Explorer and visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
• When the page opens, click Custom.
• Uncheck the box for Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 for Windows XP.
• Put a check in the box that says DO not show this update again.
This will stop Internet Explorer 7 from showing up in your updates list. You can also choose any other programs you would like to update or install (or not) while at this step. Simply check or uncheck the appropriate boxes.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.