How To Uninstall the Yahoo Toolbar
Although browser toolbars add a lot of functionality to the default browser functionality, having too many toolbars is not useful as well. You can hide them, to save on screen space, but then what purpose o they serve? So it is better to uninstall the toolbars that you do not use and only keep the one that has realy value for you.
If you are ready to remove the Yahoo toolbar from your computer, you need to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar. Depending on the browser you are using, the uninstall steps to remove the Yahoo toolbar will vary.
Remove the Yahoo Toolbar in Mozilla FireFox
FireFox uses add-ons to extend the browser functionality. If you have installed the Yahoo toolbar in FireFox, a file with extension “.xpi” will be installed as an add-on. To remove the Yahoo toolbar from FireFix, follow these steps:
- In FireFox, click the Tools menu.
- Next, select the Extensions or Add-ons menu item.
- In the Extensions or Add-ons window locate the the Yahoo! Toolbar ad-on, and select it.
- Next, click the Uninstall button.
- Click Uninstall again in the confirmation window.
- Close the Extensions or Add-ons window and restart FireFox.
If you prefer to use the Yahoo uninstaller, you can use these steps:
- In the Yahoo toolbar, click the Pencil icon.
- In the drop down menu, select Uninstall.
- Type the reason for uninstalling the Yahoo toolbar (optional) and click the Uninstall button.
- Click OK and restart FireFox when the uninstall is complete.
Remove the Yahoo Toolbar in Microsoft Internet Explorer
First make sure you close all Internet Explorer windows on your PC, to ensure the uninstall of the Yahoo toolbar will succeed.
Next, follow these steps to remove the Yahoo toolbar from IE:
- Click the Windows Start button, and click Control Panel.
- Open up the Add/Remove Programs option.
- Locate the Yahoo! Toolbar entry in the list, and select it.
- In the popup menu, select Uninstall/Change.
- Click the Yes button to confirm the Yahoo Toolbar uninstall.
Remember that extra software can sometimes cause conflicts on your computer, so if you are experiencing errors while browsing the internet, consider disabling or uninstalling extensions like the Yahoo toolbar to solve problems.