How to Use an Indexing Service in MS Windows XP Professional
- The feature Indexing Service gets the information from a set of documents and arranges it in a way that renders the information easily accessible through the Windows XP Search function.
- Go to the Windows Start menu, select the Control Panel option, choose the Administrative Tools icon, and then double-click Computer Management icon.
- Select the Services and Applications option.
- Double-click to select the Indexing Service option.
- Use this menu to view properties of existing catalogs, create a new catalog, start indexing manually, and others.