How to Add a New Infrared Device in MS Windows XP Professional
- Insert the infrared device to a serial port (usually COM1 or COM2) on the computer.
- Go to the Change Hardware Settings menu, select the Control Panel option, and then click the Add Hardware icon.
- The Add Hardware Wizard appears. Click the Next button.
- Select the option, Yes, I have already connected the hardware and then click the Next button.
- Look for Installed hardware section and click Add a new hardware device and then click the Next button.
- Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and then click the Next button.
- Select Infrared devices and then click the Next button.
- Choose the manufacturer and the infrared device to install and then click the Next button. Note: If you have an installation disk, click Have Disk and follow the succeeding instructions.
- Select the Next button to install the device.
- Select the port to which you connected the infrared device and then click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.