How to Automatically Put the Computer into Standby in MS Windows XP Professional
- Go to the Windows Start menu, selecr the Control Panel option, and then double-click the
Power Options icon.
- Choose the Power Schemes tab.
- Use the drop-down list to select the desired power scheme. Note: The time settings for the selected power scheme are displayed in the Turn off monitor, Turn off hard disks and System standby fields.
- In the Turn off monitor fields, select a time to turn off the monitor before the computer goes on standby.
- In the Turn off hard disks fields, select a time to turn off the hard disk before the computer goes on standby.
- Click the OK buton.