How to Set Up Microphone Options in MS Windows XP Professional
To set up microphone options in MS Windows XP Professional:
- Go to the Windows Start menu, click the Control Panel option, and then double-click the Speech icon.
- Choose the Speech Recognition tab.
- Select the Audio Input button and then click the Properties button.
- Click the option Use automatically chosen line to use a system determined audio input line.
- Click the option Use this audio input line to select the audio input line yourself from the available options.
- Click the OK button thrice.
Apart from the input selection in the speech setup, you need to verify the recording levels for input devices.
- In the Control Panel, select Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Now select the Voice tab in the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties dialog box.
- The Default device should be the device you want to use for voice recording.
- Next, click the Volume button under the Voice recoding heading.
- Adjust the vertical volume slide on the Mic Volume or Line Volume depending on which device you are using.
- Click OK twice and close the Control Panel.
With this, you are all set up to use your microphone for voice recording. Keep in mind that some programs still have their own audio and volume settings, so make sure to check and adjust those as well.