How to Understand the Task Manager in MS Windows XP Professional
- The feature Task Manager offers information about programs and processes running on the computer. Use the Task Manager to observe the main indicators of the computer’s performance, end an application that is not responding, evaluate the activity of running applications, and others.
- To vie the Task Manager Menu, simultaneously press and hold the keys, Ctrl + Alt, then press the Delete key.
- Choose the Applications tab to view a list of currently running programs.
- Choose the Processes tab to view currently running processes.
- Choose the Performance tab to view the workstation’s operations such as CPU and memory usage, memory available, and others.
- Choose the Networking tab to view a graphical representation of the status of the network(s) running on the computer.